- 发表时间：2018-07-27 17:46
1． when 指时间，在定语从句中作时间状语。
I still remember the day when I first came to this school.
The time when we got together finally arrived. 我们团聚的时刻终于到了。
October 1, 1949 was the day when the People’s Republic of China was founded. 1949年10月1日是中华人民共和国成立的日子。
Do you remember the years when he lived in the countryside with his grandparents. 你还记得在农村和你祖父母一起生活的那些年吗？
2． where 指地点，在定语从句中作地点状语。
Shanghai is the city where I was born. 上海是我出生的城市。
The house where I lived ten years ago has been pulled down.
I visited the farm where a lot of cows were raised .
Is this the place where they fought the enemy? 这是他们当初打敌人的地方吗？
3． why 指原因，在定语从句中作原因状语。
Please tell me the reason why you missed the plane.
The reason why he was punished is unknown to us.
I don’t know the reason why he looks unhappy today.
注意：关系副词引导的定语从句经常可以用“介词+关系代词”引导的定语从句来表示。如： From the years when / on which he was going to primary school in the country he had known what he wanted to be when he grew up. 自从他在农村读小学时，他就已经知道长大后要做什么。
Great changes are taking place in the city where / in which they live. 他们生活的城市正发生巨大的变化。
The reason why / for which he refused the invitation is quite clear. 他为什么拒绝接受邀请的原因是十分明了的。
The school (which / that) he once studied in is very famous.
The school in which he once studied is very famous. 他曾经就读过的学校很出名。
Tomorrow I’ll bring here the magazine (which / that) you asked for.
Tomorrow I’ll bring here the magazine for which you asked.
This is the boy (whom / who / that) I played tennis with yesterday.
This is the boy with whom I played tennis yesterday.
1. After living in Paris for fifty years he returned to the small town __________ he grew up as a child.
A. which B. that C. where D. when
2. Carol said the work would be done by October, _____ personally I doubt very much.
A. it B. that C. when D. which
3. Dorothy was always speaking highly of her role in the play, __________, of course, made the others unhappy.
A. who C. this
B. which D. what
4. __________ is known to everybody, the moon travels round the earth once every month.
A. It B. As C. That D.What
5. The film brought the hours back to me __________ I was taken good care of in that far-away village.
A. until B. that C. when D.where
6. __________ is mentioned above, the number of the students in senior school is increasing.
A. Which B. As C. That D. It
7. In the office I never seem to have time until after 5:30 p.m., __________ many people have got home.
A. whose time B. that C. on which D. by which
8. All of the flowers now raised here have developed from those __________ in the forest.
A. once they grew B. they grew once C. they once grew D. once grew
9. He made another wonderful discovery, __________ of great importance to science.
A. which I think is B. which I think it is
C. which I think it D. I think is
10. He was very rude to the Customs officer, __________ of course made things even worse.
A. who B. whom C. what D. which
11. Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase, __________ was very reasonable.
A. which price B. the price of which
C. its price D. the price of whose
12. He’s got himself into a dangerous situation __________ he is likely to lose control over the plane.
A. where B. which C. while D.why
13. I can think of many cases __________ students obviously knew a lot of English words and expressions but couldn’t write a good essay.
A. why B.which C. as D.where
14. The gentleman __________ you told me yesterday proved to be a thief.
A. who B. about whom C. whom D. with whom
15. It was an exciting moment for these football fans this year, __________ for the first time in years their team won the World Cup.
A. that C. which
B. while D. when
16. The result of the experiment was very good, __________ we hadn’t expect.
A. when B. that C. which D. what
17. Have you seen the film Titanic, __________ leading actor is world famous?
A. its B. it’s C. whose D. which
18. John said he’d been working in the office for an hour, __________ was true.
A. he B. this C. which D. who
19. Is this the reason __________ at the meeting for his carelessness in his work?
A. he explained B. what he explained
C. how he explained D. why he explained
20. The famous basketball player, __________ tried to make a comeback, attracted a lot of attention.
A. where B. when C. which D. who
21. We are living in an age __________ many things are done on computer.
A. which C. whose
B. that D. when
22. We will be shown around the city: schools, museums, and some other places, __________ other visitors seldom go.
A. what C. where
B. which D. when
23. York, __________ last year, is a nice old city.
A. that I visited B. which I visited
C. where I visited D. in which I visited
24. Luckily, we'd brought a road map without __________ we would have lost our way.
A. it B. that C. this D. which
25. The journey around the world took the old sailor nine months, __________ the sailing time was 226 days.
A. of which
B. during which
C. from which
D. for which
26. The factory produces half a million pairs of shoes every year, 80% __________are sold abroad.
A. of which B. which of
C. of them D. of that
27. There are two buildings, __________stands nearly a hundred feet high.
A. the larger B. the larger of them
C. the larger one that D. the larger of which
28. The English play __________ my students acted at the New Year’s party was a great success.
A. for which B. at which
C. in which D. on which